All who had registered with MISSIO by noon EST February 10, 2017, were entered for a chance to join the Pontifical Mission Societies on their pilgrimage to Rome in May 2017, a journey that would hopefully include an audience with Pope Francis!
MISSIO congratulates Mary Moll, who will be making that May 2017 journey with our Diocesan Directors of the Pontifical Mission Societies!
Created by the Pontifical Mission Societies and launched by Pope Francis, MISSIO connects you directly with those making a difference and lets you see just where your money is going.
Terms and Conditions
- This Contest, sponsored by the Pontifical Mission Societies in the United States ("TPMS"), is for 2 individuals to join the pilgrimage to Rome and other Italian cities sponsored and led by TPMS from May 5 to 13, 2017. The winner (and his/her guest) will receive free airfare from New York City, hotels, transfers and guided tours, admission to tour venues, meals per tour itinerary and travel taxes and fuel surcharges.
- The winner will be selected from all individuals who have registered on TPMS' "MISSIO" website or APP by 12:00 noon EST, February 9, 2017. [Note that the deadline was extended one week (from noon EST February 2, 2017) to allow those who may have been prevented from registering on MISSIO by a technical issue on the web / app a chance to do so; this issue has been addressed and corrected.] The winner will be selected on the afternoon of February 9, 2017 and notified thereafter. The winner shall be identified on the MISSIO website and APP after notification has been completed. **Due to severe weather conditions in New York on February 9, 2017, the drawing had to be postponed until Friday, February 10, 2017. Those who register by noon EST February 10, 2017, will be eligible. Selection of the winner will take place on the afternoon of February 10, 2017.**
- The winner and his/her guest must have valid passports expiring after January 1, 2018 and be eligible to travel outside the United States.
- No substitute prize or travel dates are permitted. If the winner cannot travel with the tour to Italy on May 5-13, 2017, then the prize shall be forfeited. If the winner has already signed up for the tour, and paid any deposits for the tour, the paid deposits shall be returned to the winner.
- To be eligible to enter the Contest, you must be registered on the MISSIO website or APP. Registering for the tour does not automatically enter you in the Contest, you must register on MISSIO. To be eligible to win the contest, you must be 18 years or older.
- Employees of the National Office of TPMS or members of its Board of Directors are not eligible to participate in this Contest.
- The winner shall receive from TPMS an Internal Revenue Service form to report the fair market value of the cost of the 2 trips as prize winnings.